How do you know if the apprenticeship program is right for you?
While the Career Accelerator Program offers students opportunities across a range of fields, there are some general characteristics that you can use as a guide to know if you will be happy and successful in an apprenticeship.
- Do you enjoy science, math, or technology?
- Do you like to work with others on a team?
- Do you arrive at school on time and complete assignments on time?
- Do you like the idea of starting your career now?
If you can answer yes to these questions, apprenticeship may be just the path for you!
The apprenticeship program also has some specific requirements for applicants.
Student Apprenticeship Requirements
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- Must be at least a high school senior during first year of apprenticeship
- For home-schooled students, community college placement test
- Math 1, Math 2, and Math 3
- Good attendance (No more than 5 absences per year)
- Commitment of parent/guardian and student
Recommended High School Courses
- Drafting or Engineering
- Computers (MSITA, Programming, MaWD)
- Any Related Hands-On Courses (Automotive, Electronics, Agricultural Mechanics, Machining, Welding, etc.)
Start Your Application Now!