Facility Tours are complete for 2017. Please check back for the 2017-18 schedule.
You should have attended a parent/student information session or met with your Career Development Coordinator at your high school to sign up Facility Tours at the companies.
The Career Accelerator Program works closely with high schools in Alamance County to select juniors and seniors for an apprenticeship.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- For home schooled students, community college placement test
- Math 1, Math 2 & Math 3
- Attendance (No more than 5 absences per year)
- Commitment of parent/guardian and student
And have taken some or all of the recommended courses
- Drafting or Engineering
- Computers (MSITA, Programming, MaWD)
- Any Related Hands-On Courses (Automotive, Electronics, Agricultural Mechanics)
If you are interested and meet those requirements, please follow the appropriate link below and complete the registration form.
Dates & Facilities:
- December 10, 9:00 am Technical Precision Plastics
- January 21, 9:00 am Sandvik
- January 21, 11:00 am Jabil Packaging Solutions (formerly Nypro)
- January 28, 9:00 am Fairystone Fabrics
- January 28, 11:00 am Glen Raven
- February 4, 9:00 am Engineered Controls Intl.
- February 4, 12:00 pm GKN
You must sign up for the tours. Click the appropriate link below. (Links are disabled as registration for this year has passed.)
For Alamance Burlington School Students, click here. (You must be logged into your student account to complete the form.)
For Non-Alamance Burlington School students, click here.
If you still have questions, see the Career Development Coordinator at your school. If you are a non-ABSS student, email Andrea Fleming at the Alamance Chamber, email@example.com.