|November 4 (Sat.)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Technical Precision Plastics|
|November 9 (Thurs.)||6:00 PM to 8:00 PM||AKG|
|November 16 (Thurs.)||6:00 PM to 8:00 PM||Engineered Controls Intl.|
|December 2 (Sat.)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Fairystone Fabrics|
|December 9 (Sat.)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||GKN|
|January 20 (Sat.)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Glen Raven|
|January 25 (Thurs.)||6:00 PM to 8:00 PM||Jabil Packaging Solutions|
|January 27 (Sat.)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Sandvik|
If you are interested and meet the requirements to be considered for a CAP Apprenticeship, please follow the appropriate link below and complete the registration form. You must sign up for the tours to attend, and must attend at least one to apply.
If you still have questions, see the Career Development Coordinator at your school. If you are a non-ABSS student, email Andrea Fleming at the Alamance Chamber, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Application will be available starting December 20. Completed applications must be received by February 1 with all requested documentation and signatures.
Instructions for applying:
Click the link above (live on Dec 20) to open a new window with the application
- Download the pdf application to your computer to type into the form
- Save, print and follow instructions at the bottom of the application
- If you have not already done so, return to this page to sign up for Facility Tours (you must attend at least one)
The Career Accelerator Program works closely with high schools in Alamance County to select juniors and seniors for an apprenticeship.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- For home schooled students, community college placement test
- Math 1, Math 2 & Math 3
- Attendance (No more than 5 absences per year)
- Commitment of parent/guardian and student
And have taken some or all of the recommended courses
- Drafting or Engineering
- Computers (Word/Powerpoint, Programming, MaWD)
- Hands-On Courses (Automotive, Electronics, Agricultural Mechanics)