Facility Tours 2018-19
To be eligible to apply, you must attend at least one facility tour.
|December 6 (Thurs.)||6:00 PM to 8:00 PM||Technical Precision Plastics|
|December 8 (Sat.)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||AKG|
|January 24 (Thurs.)||6:00 PM to 8:00 PM||Jabil Packaging Solutions|
|January 26 (Sat.)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Glen Raven/Shawmut|
|January 26 (Sat)||1:00 PM to 3:00 PM||GKN|
|February 2 (Sat)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Fairystone Fabrics|
|February 2 (Sat)||1:00 PM to 3:00 PM||Sandvik|
|February 9 (Sat)||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||ECI|
|February 9 (Sat)||1:00 PM to 3:00 PM||Indulor|
Completed applications must be received by February 15, 2019 with all requested documentation and signatures. Full submission details are at the bottom of the application.
Instructions for applying:
- Download the pdf application to your computer to type into the form. To download, click the small icon of a page with a down arrow. (If you have any difficulties, you can print, and write your answers on the application.)
- Save, print and follow instructions at the bottom of the application
- Submit with your most recent transcript available.
The Career Accelerator Program works closely with high schools in Alamance County to select juniors and seniors for an apprenticeship.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- For home schooled students, community college placement test
- Math 1, Math 2 & Math 3
- Attendance (No more than 5 absences per year)
- Commitment of parent/guardian and student
And have taken some (or all) of the recommended courses
- Drafting or Engineering
- Computers (Software, Multimedia, Webpage Design, Programming)
- Hands-On Courses (Automotive, Electrical, Agricultural Mechanics, Carpentry, Machining, etc.)